SANGRAM KESHARI SAHU
Date of Birth: 11/09/1994
Address: IISER, Mohali, Punjab, India
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org/ email@example.com
Project (May’17 to Present):
Cell type-specific transcriptome profiling of Shoot Apical Meristem (SAM) in the model plant Arabidopsis thaliana using RNA-Seq experiment and finding LncRNAs and microRNAs involved in cell differentiation. Also worked on Gene Regulatory Network (NGR) and developed Web- Application.
(Dept. Of Biotech DBT, Govt. of India funded Project)
Supervisor: Dr Ram Yadav (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER), Mohali, Punjab
M.Sc. Thesis (Nov’2016 – May’2017):
A transcriptomic study on cold stress in two Indian rice (Oryza Sativa) varieties using RNAseq analysis.
Supervisor: Dr Basant k. Tiwary (email@example.com)
Centre for Bioinformatics, Pondicherry University, Pondicherry, India.
Summer Internship (2016): Mahseer cold fish genomic DNA extraction, Develope Primer design Perl script, and downstream genome analysis with CLC Workbench.
Supervisor: Dr Mastaque A. Laskar
At St. Anthony’s College, DBT-DST project lab, Shillong, Meghalaya, India.
Master’s Degree in Bioinformatics (CGPA 8.5/10)
Pondicherry University, India
Bachelor’s Degree in Botany Honours
Khallikote Autonomous College, Berhampur, India
Higher Secondary Education
Khallikote Junior College, Berhampur, India
- PG Diploma in Biotechnology
Pondicherry University in 2016.
- DOEACC “O”-level Advanced Computer Examination
By NIELIT, Govt. of India in 2014.
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Computer Application
From Odisha Computer Academy in 2013.
- A transcriptomic study on cold stress in two Indian rice (Oryza Sativa) varieties using RNAseq. (Abstract Proceedings: https://doi.org/10.24870/cjb.2017-a187) NextGen Genomics, Biology, Bioinformatics and Technologies (NGBT) Conference, from Oct 2nd to 4th 2017 in Bhubaneswar, Odisha.
- Bioinformatics approaches to CRISPR-Cas9 technology – A review Indian Science Congress, Pondicherry Chapter on 27th February 2017.
SCHOLARSHIP AND ACHIEVEMENTS
- Merit scholarship in Higher Secondary Education. ( 2011-2012)
- Medhabruti Scholarship from Odisha Govt. (2013-2015)
- Full Scholarship to attend NGBT 2017 conference in Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India.
- Scholarship for Outreach participant in Computational Science Symposium 20017 at IISc, Bengaluru, India.
SEMINAR AND CONFERENCES
- NextGen Genomics, Biology, Bioinformatics and Technologies (NGBT) Conference, from Oct 2nd to 4th 2017 in Bhubaneswar, Odisha.
- “Computational Science Symposium” – Outreach participate IISc, Bengaluru in March 2017
- “National Workshop on Data Science Research and Biological Data Management” by DST, Govt. Of India. January 2017 at Trichy, India.
- “Molecular Dynamics and Simulation” Workshop by Dr Debanath Pal Centre for Bioinformatics, Pondicherry University in November 2016.
- “Recent trends on Computational Chemistry and Drug Design” By DBT, India at Khallikote Autonomous College in 2013.
- Indian Science Congress, lifetime member and a regular participant on every annual program.
RESEARCH AREA OF INTEREST
- Computational Genomics. NGS data analysis (RNA-seq, Chip-seq, Hi-C) and its applications.
- Systems Biology and Network analysis.
- Algorithm development and Web-tool design for Biological applications.
- Programming Languages: C/C++, BASH, Python, Perl and R Language.
- Operating Systems: Linux (Ubuntu and Fedora), Windows, Mac.
- Front End: HTML, Markdown.
- Backend: PHP, RDBMS, SQL and MS Excel, Github.
- Databases and Web Server: MySQL, Apache and XAMPP.
- Multi-Omic High-Throughput Sequencing: Genomics and Transcriptomics.
- Databases: PDB, NCBI-SRA, GEO, EMBL-ENA, TAIR, PLAZA.
- Sequence Retrieval Tools: Entrez, SRA toolkit.
- Structural Bioinformatics: Molecular Dynamic Simulation and Docking.
MOLECULAR BIOLOGY TECHNIQUES
- PCR (Gradient, Real-time and Colony PCR).
- DNA and RNA extraction.